BOOK AN EVENT
The Steady is a great venue for a wide variety of Torontoevents! We frequently host: birthday parties, launches, author readings, bachelorette parties, dance parties, fundraisers and much more.
Thank your for interest in us as a venue for your event!
Please fill out the form below to receive a quote from us on your event booking or catering request.
Below this form you'll find a short FAQ as well. Cheers!
- What is your sound system setup?
We have an excellent sound system on premises that features 4, self-powered 850 speakers, 2 Pioneer CDJ-350W and the matching DJM-350W 2 channel mixer. We can also run 4 microphones (but we only own 2), we have 1 mic stand, 1 projector and 2 raised 'go-go' boxes/stages that measure 4'x4'. We have an 8 channel sound board. You are welcome to use all of our equipment and supplement with your own.
- Do you have a projector and/or can I bring a projector?
YES, we have a projector and you are also welcome to bring your own projector.
- Do you take brunch reservations?
Sorry we do not. However, because we have a lot of seating, we rarely have a wait that lasts more than 5-10 minutes.
- I have a large group that wants to come to brunch, what should we do?
Thank you for wanting to share a special brunch with us! While we don't take reservations, please drop us a line at TheSteadyCafe@gmail.com to give us a heads up that you're coming in with a large group. While groups are always welcome, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW is that our kitchen can only put out 6-8 plates at one time (depending on what you order). It takes 15-20 minutes to prepare another 6-8 plates, so if your group is larger than this, please keep in mind that your group will not be able to eat at the same time.
- Is your space accessible?
Our front room is accessible. We do have a ramp that we can put out to make our back accessible as well. We regret that the bathrooms are downstairs so our venue is not fully accessible.
- What does it cost to rent The Steady privately?
That all depends on the answers to the form above! We will get back to you within 48 hours (but probably sooner) with a full quote.
****VERY IMPORTANT: If your event requires a rental fee, then that rental fee needs to be paid ASAP to HOLD YOUR DATE AND TIME! We get a lot of event requests so please check your email often and confirm dates and pay rental fees/deposits as soon as possible to ensure you don't lose the date and time you are interested in to another event that responds more quickly. We can only confirm bookings that have paid their deposit/fees. We prefer that all deposits/fees be paid through e-transfer to TheSteadyCafe@gmail.com. This is the quickest and easiest way to confirm bookings. As always, thank you for your interest in The Steady as a venue for your next event!
- Does The Steady cater?
All the time! We frequently offer catering for our privately hosted events and we prepare offsite catering orders open to pick-up or delivery. Please view our catering menu by clicking here.
More helpful information:
- Our cozy front room features table seating for 12-14, a full service bar and a full service espresso machine for coffee and tea service. If your event will be busy and/or loud in our back room, our front room offers a nice, warm respite from the happenings in the back where your guests can mingle and chat without yelling over loud music or interrupting presentations happening on our back stage.
- Our spacious back room features table seating for 24-30. We can line up chairs in the middle of the back room as well, to seat as many as 60 people. If you want to throw a dance party or busy mixer, we can remove the tables and chairs to accommodate standing room only (our benches along the walls stay in place). Our room then fit approximately 100 people comfortably.
- We have a second bar just before you enter our back room that we can open if your event expects a large crowd.
- We have a full, commercial kitchen and host pop-up food events as well. If you'd like to host your pop-up food event with us, please get in touch!
- If you're taking the subway, we are closest to Dufferin Station. We are on the South side of Bloor Street, a block and a half East of Dufferin Street, just past the lights at Havelock.